Uniform & Equipment
Students at Bobby Moore Academy, across both our primary and secondary phases, take pride in their education and this begins each and every day by arriving to school in full uniform and prepared with all equipment.
We believe in high expectations in everything we do and that students wearing the correct school uniform is essential and results in pride in their appearance and their school, and has a positive impact on their attitude to learning.
Where to purchase
Uniform can be purchased from the schools’ provider Khalsa Schoolwear.
Khalsa stock all of the uniform items required for all phases at the Academy. The Academy uniform can also be purchased online from Khalsa.
Second hand uniform is available from the Academy directly. We cannot guarantee all items will be available in every size but we will work with families to ensure we can share what we can.
388 Bethnal Green Road
London E2 0AH
Tel: 0207 729 3286
Our primary uniform is smart, comfortable and practical. It reflects the aspirations of our academy and pupils are expected to wear it correctly at all times of the day.
To prevent uniform getting lost, please make sure that each item is named using an iron-on, stick-on or sewn-in label, or by using a permanent naming pen.
- BMA Tartan Skirt / Grey Trousers
- BMA Jumper / BMA Cardigan
- White shirts (collared)
- BMA Tie
- Checked red dress (summer)
- Completely black polishable shoes
- Grey tights
- Grey or white socks
Any hair bow must be red and no larger than 2”
- BMA Red Hoodie Jumper
- BMA White polo with red stripe
- Black tracksuit bottoms / black shorts
- Black Plimsolls/Trainers
Pupils are expected to wear school uniform in a professional manner at all times. All uniform should be labelled with the pupil’s first name and surname.
The following must be worn at all times:
- Bobby Moore Academy blazer
- A long or short-sleeved plain white shirt with top button fastened
- Grey (not black) trousers or skirt which must be knee length or below falling no lower than mid-shin.
- Bobby Moore Academy tie relevant to the students' year group
- Black or dark grey tights or one visible pair of plain dark grey or black ankle socks. No frills or logos are allowed
- Plain, flat, formal black shoes made from polishable leather, no higher than the ankle. Trainers or boots may not be worn.
In extremely warm weather, the Executive Principal may allow pupils to remove their blazers.
- Bobby Moore Academy jumper.
- Outdoor coat. This must be black, dark grey or navy and match their school uniform as much as possible. No patterns or bright colours will be allowed. Any logo/branding should be small and discreet.
- Pupils will be expected to remove outdoor clothing as they enter the academy.
- Pupils are expected to wear the Bobby Moore Academy PE Kit.
- Good quality sports shoes are expected for PE lessons. No fashion trainers such as Converse, plimsolls or other variations.
- We do not allow caps in school
- We do not allow trainers in school
- We do not allow hoodies in school
- Children should not bring any toys into school
Backpacks will be available to purchase at the beginning of every academic year, which pupils will be expected to use at all times. Replacements can be purchased via Parent Pay. Pupils will be expected to pick up their bag from reception. For identification purposes, bags may be discreetly personalised with a name tag/key ring/ribbon.
Students should always bring to the Academy:
- their reading record
- their reading book
- their homework
- a water bottle (water only)
- a piece of fruit (KS2 only – this is optional)
- PE bag
We do not want to see in bags:
- food (apart from a piece of fruit)
- liquids other than water
- pencil cases (these are not needed in primary as we provide all stationery)
- toys of any kind
Pupils will be expected to bring each item of equipment on the list below every day. We will be strict about this as it is important that pupils take responsibility for their learning by being properly equipped every day. We recommend that pupils have an A4 display book folder to store their knowledge organisers.
- A transparent pencil case
- Two pens with blue or black ink OR one fountain pen with spare ink
- One green pen
- Two pencils
- Black dry wipe pen
- Pencil sharpener
- 30 cm ruler
- Glue stick
- Pair of compasses
- Scientific calculator e.g. Casio FX83GTX or FX85GTX
- Reading book (see suggested reading list)
- School planner (provided by the Academy)
- School bag
The academy operates a ‘See it? Hear it? Lose it’ policy for mobile phones and smart watches. If pupils have mobile phones or smart watches with them, they will be expected to turn them off and keep them in their bags throughout the entire day. This includes break and lunch times. We strongly recommend that pupils do not bring any expensive items into school.
The school will not be liable in any way for damage or theft of any personal possessions.